Monday, September 15, 2008

Out of the cave!

I realized that it had been a LONG time since I had last posted last night when a friend asked me if our internet was out again. No...just not in a blogging mood I guess. I have a new blackberry with wireless internet access, so I have been using that to check everyone else's blogs, but I have not had the patience to use the tinie-tiny key board to write a post.

Well, the cave I am referring to is Malachi's tummy bug. I now fully understand why parents with sick kids drop off the face of the planet for a few days. At the beginning of the week, he started having hind-end problems which just got worse on Tuesday and Wednesday (9 icky diapers each day!! blech) and then stopped by Thursday but he was still on a modified diet of bread, pasta, rice, bananas, chicken broth and pedialyte. That kid was drinking a container and a half of the pedialyte each day!! The nurse told us to slowly start him back on things as he started to feel better, so fruit was the first one we tried and that went well, but dairy...not so much. He didn't have his first bottle of milk without problems until yesterday after nap. I think he is glad to be eating his favorites again and getting his body back to it's regular functions. His booty was so red and hurting him quite badly. On Thursday, we took him over to my in-laws house and they have all tile floors with no area rugs, so they said it would be fine to let him run stark naked around the house for a while. I wish I would have had my camera...he decided it would be fun to push Grandma's swiffer vacuum around the house. Can you just picture him...cheeks flapping in the wind?? The cutest thing I have ever seen. Anyways, he ran around for 2 1/2 hours like that and his skin thanked us for it. Much better now.

I also think that he is going through a growth spurt since he is sleeping longer than 12 hours at night and taking 3 hour naps that we have to wake him up from! Keep in mind he usually only takes one 45 to 60 minute nap each morning...quite the difference. Hmm...we'll have to see if he grows up or out this time! :)

He is also talking a lot more lately. He had now added flower, light, ball, and dog (sometimes...other times "woof woof" means dog) to his Malachi-eze vocabulary. He also is very happy to say no, stop and to shush you--complete with a finger to his mouth--whenever he deems it necessary. Fabulous...anyone have tips on stopping that??

Well, I hope you are all feeling well and having a good week! Hopefully I will have more to post about soon!!

No comments: