Monday, November 3, 2008

Facebook Help

So, I have decided to start a Facebook account. I don't really like MySpace...it seems a bit too high school for me and anyone can look at your stuff. My brother and some of my friends do it, so it couldn't be so bad, right? I love flair...it is so right up my knick-knacky, collecting alley, but I don't quite get pokes and flinging. They seem easy enough to do, but I can't find an explanation of what they are, so I don't know if I should do them or what they do to the receiver. I guess I am being too cautious and I should just jump in, but I don't want to be a bug to my friend list. All of you Facebook-pros (ahem, Teresa!!), please clue me in!! Another addiction to keep me on the computer. I need a laptop!

1 comment:

Lee said...

Not sure what flinging is... but pokes are essentially just a "hi" to someone. On the home page, it will say "Lee Clarkson has poked you" and then you can ignore it or poke back. Nothing too big. I guess it's a low-key way of saying hi as opposed to writing on their wall or sending them a message. I'll poke you and you can see what I mean.