Wednesday, January 20, 2010

12.25.09--Handmade Christmas

This year, I tried to make or personalize everyone's gift. I had a coffee mug made for my coffee-drinking mom, made a java jacket in my brother's girlfriends favorite colors, a crinkly/tabby lovey for Sapphira, but the most exciting one for me was the felt food I made for our nieces to go with the tea seats Grandma and Papa gave them for Christmas. I had soooo much fun looking for online ideas and making the food...the girls loving it just made my day!!! Here are some pictures...
Toast with jam and butter, strawberries, and chocolate chip cookies.
Lemon wedges and tea bags.

Here's sis' tabby lovey. She is in love with satin, tabs or tags and anything crinkly. Some of the white and purple ribbons are satin, I added plenty of tabs to chew on, and sandwiched between the two layers of flannel is the wrapper for a refill of baby wipes--nice and noisy. I showed it to her after I finished it before wrapping it and she really played with it...I think I've got a winner! :)

I had so much fun creating this Christmas...I'll have to keep going! :)


1 comment:

Bree said...

What a great idea! those turned out awesome!