Monday, May 17, 2010

New Hat for Sister!

On Saturday, we made plans with Samuel's parents to go to a park to have a BBQ to celebrate my niece, Isabella's birthday. Friday evening rolls around and I still haven't sewn the dress for Isabella's baby doll that she wanted and it is giving me trouble!!! I feel a full feldged temper tamtrum coming on, so I decide to distract myself with something I knew I could sew...hmm...what to do. Tomorrow is going to be sunny and Sapphira doesn't have a hat. Enter Prudent Baby's Reversible 40's Inspired Sun Hat pattern. The pattern was printed, cut out, and sewn in a matter of 30 minutes. Sooooo easy!!! I just love how the fabrics look together!! I think if I had it to do again, I would make it a little bit bigger and maybe elongate it a bit to go a little bit lower on her forehead. Even so, I love it and it is the first hat she'll actually keep on!!! I just love instant gratification!!!
I totally forgot my camera on Saturday...too bad, the kids had so much fun and were completely tuckered out when we left. What a great day!

No comments: