Sunday, August 22, 2010

More for the kiddo's room!

I found this idea a couple months ago and immediately bookmarked it because I knew I wanted to do this. I found the picture frame at a garage sale for 50 cents, my mom gave me the woven paper that I used for background, and I had the white and colored scrapbooking paper on hand. Since I didn't have a chipboard alphabet, I found a font I liked on my computer, printed it backwards on the back of the paper, and used my super sharp pointy scissors to cut them out. It took a bit of time to complete, but I love how it incorporates all three kids into the same piece...and all for 50 cents!!!! yay!

4 comments:

Melissa @ Honeybee Vintage said...

Oh my goodness I LOVE it! I am glad you liked the idea and your version is awesome! Plus I love that it was super thrifty but looks amazing:)

Melissa @ Honeybee Vintage said...

Thanks for sending me links for more felt food ideas...now I am beyond addicted! What comes after that?:) Also, I read through your blog last night and it had me in tears. You and your husband are tremendously strong. I can not imagine losing a child. I pray for more and more peace for your family each day:)

Melissa @ Honeybee Vintage said...

Sorry I keep leaving responses on your blog...but I had to tell you that I have already made a plan to turn my daughters old changing table dresser into a kitchen! My poor hubby:) My dad and I are going to try and tackle it before Christmas:)

Melissa @ Honeybee Vintage said...

Hey lady! You are the winner of my scrapbook flower clips! Just send me your mailing info and I will get them out as soon as I can:)

grimes az (at) yahoo (dot) com

Thanks!