Friday, July 13, 2012

The Pleated Penny Pattern

A couple weeks ago, Shauna at Schwin & Schwin graciously offered her new Pleated Penny tunic and dress pattern for free for those who would be willing to test the pattern for her.  I have been admiring her patterns and jumped at the chance to help her out!  While I didn't get my sewing machine going fast enough to actually give her any feedback before she put the pattern in their shop, I still sewed it up and wanted to do a mini review here on my blog.

This pattern was easy to read and understand.  The pattern pieces were easy to cut out and understand how to construct which made for a quick sew.  The pictures included with the pattern instructions were very helpful and informative...you could tell they'd taken their time in photographing the different steps.  I finished the tunic in just about 2 hours including having to rip out a couple seams because I was distracted or wasn't paying close enough attention to what I was doing.  I already have some fabric lined up to sew into the dress version...just have to wash it!!  (Does anyone else find that is one of the steps that takes the longest to complete?! oy)  I'm sure there will be another Pleated Penny in Sapphira's closet soon!

Now for the finished product!!!
I opted for the tunic with no sash.  I thought the sash might be a bit cumbersome for my busy girl (sashes and ties don't stay tied very well with this one!)
I'm in love with these adorable box pleats!  I was a bit intimidated at first, but I was worried for no reason!  They were super simple!
 Button closure on each shoulder.
I used this pattern to sew up these knot shorts.  I need to make her another pair since these are a bit tight across the hips.
 A long scrap of fabric made for an easy bow! 
How can you not fall in love with this face!!  

Thanks again Shauna for a great opportunity!!

No comments: