Saturday, August 18, 2012

Snuggly Baby Gift

I was so excited to be invited to a sweet friend's baby shower but since they didn't find out what they were having before their sweetheart was born, I was a bit at a loss was to what to give her.  I really wanted to make her something, but couldn't do a dress or boy themed shirt, so a-Pinteresting I went.  Since I figured that she'd get plenty of clothing because this was her first baby, I decided on a swaddler after seeing she'd registered for one.  I used this tutorial I found on Pinterest.
Charlie was happy to model for me.
You just tuck the baby's legs and body into the sack at the bottom and the straps wrap around the baby arms and with secure with velcro.  The strips of velcro are fairly long so there is room for adjusting as her sweetheart grows. 

I found this sooooft minky fabric in my stash and this super snuggly flannel in her nursery colors at Joann.  I couldn't stop holding Charlie while he was in it...he was wrapped up so nice and neat and was so snuggly   I can only imagine what it would be like to hold a real baby in it!

My friend seemed to like it and since her baby will be born late fall, this swaddler will keep him or her warm during the cold winter.  Yay for babies!

No comments: