Saturday, November 24, 2007

Happy (late!) Thanksgiving

What is it with me and being late on all my time sensitive posts?!? I guess that's the life of a mommy, huh?? :) Malachi's first Thanksgiving was very fun. We spent the day at my Grandma and Grandpa's house and everyone from my Mom's side of the family was there, several of whom hadn't met Malachi yet. This was great since this large of a group doesn't usually get together until Christmas. Malachi got a bit overwhelmed at times due to the large group and since there was a few other babies there who were walking and crawling all over the place and just wanted to lay on the floor and play quietly!! But all in all we did really well...got two naps in and played with pretty much everybody.

So here's my "thankful for" list

  • my loving (and patient!!) husband
  • my healthy son
  • memories of my sweet daughter and the knowledge that she is safe in Heaven where I'll snuggle her again someday!
  • my supportive family
  • wonderful friends (who are more like family)
  • a home to keep me warm
  • good jobs to provide for us
  • and most of all a loving Lord who gave me all that I have mentioned and even more!!

And with that...Christmas is just around the corner!! Wow...where had this year gone??

No comments: