Friday, February 15, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

I have always LOVED Valentine's Day, not because of flowers and candy and kisses. I just love the red and pink and how "special" the day sometimes feels. I am a sucker for Valentine's decorations. I never buy them, but I always look at them and want to buy them all. For the last couple years, the "specialness" has started to wear off for me, mostly because for the last couple Valentine's Days, we have either had no money, or no desire to be festive. This year just felt different. I know that it is because Malachi is now at home and this was his first Valentine's Day. So I got him dressed up in his little red polo shirt and cute khakis and made a Valentine for Grammy and Grampy with cut outs of his hands on it, and even got myself a pink drink at Jamba Juice (Pink Starburst...my FAVORITE!! It really tastes like the candy!!). When we got to my parent's house, my mom had made us some strawberry cupcakes (Samuel's favorite) and a cute card, and had found him a white giraffe with red spots!! So cute!! His nursery is all giraffes so it is perfect!! He loved it and grabbed it right out of her hands when she showed it to him. That was enough to make my day, or so I thought! About 45 minutes after I get to work, I was called downstairs because "someone was here to see me". Hmmm...I start thinking, could it be Samuel with a flower or a present (diamonds?!? haha ya right!!:)? There stood my mom holding Malachi in a different red outfit than I had put him in and he was holding a stuffed pink heart that said "Be Mine". His new shirt had a heart dressed like a cowboy with a lasso on it and said "I stole Mommy's heart" and she had made him some red flannel jammie pants. He immediately reached for me and snuggled in. How thoughtful and sweet of my mom to do that for me. I got to show him off to several of my co-workers and he even clapped for a couple of them. Now THAT is a good Valentine's Day!! Thanks Momma...love you lots!

1 comment:

Teresa said...

How cute!!! Those babies really do soften ones heart! I am glad you had a wonderful Valentines day!