Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Happy Dance

So in the spirit of my number 6 weird thing about me from my last post, I would like to share a really good shopping trip I had at Walgreens today. Thanks for Money Saving Mom I got a lot of stuff for a really good deal. On my way home from work, I picked up the following:
2 bottles of vitamins, 2 Campbells soup at hands, 2 Glade flameless candles, 5 store brand jellos, a bottle of dove lotion, Garnier Fructis styling junk for my hair, a plug in Glade air freshener, and 1 tube of Colgate toothpaste for a grand total of...$9.82!!! I even used a gift certificate from a previous month's worth of rebates so I didn't spend a penny of my own money!!
-The vitamins were buy one get one free, they were on sale for $7.29 and I had 2 $1.50 coupons. Plus, they are free after store rebate this month, so I will end up getting two bottles for free!
-The soups were on sale for $.99 each and then I had 2 free coupons (the coupons said up to $2 and the cashier didn't cost these down so I got the full $4 off my ticket!!)
-The Glade candles were on sale for $5.99 and I had 2 coupons for $5 off. At the end of the month, I can also send in for a $2 rebate on each of them, so they actually are paying me $1.01 each to buy them!!
-The store brand jellos were on sale for 5/$1...cheap!! Malachi loves jello!!
-The lotion was on sale several weeks back and I wanted to get some then, but they didn't have any so I got a rain check making it $1.99. Then in a magazine I got a coupon for $1.50 off. A 13.5 ounce bottle for $.50! Can't beat that!!
-The styling junk wasn't on sale, but I will be able to get a full rebate on it ($3.99) making it free!
-I had a free coupon for the plug in air freshener that I got in the mail. I will also be able to get a $1 rebate on this!
-The toothpaste wasn't on sale, but is free after rebate this month, so I will get $2.89 back.
-I also had a $4 register reward that I earned from a previous purchase (you can use these just like a gift card!!).
Walgreens offers bunches of rebates every month and if you choose to get it on a Walgreens gift card, you get an extra 10%! So after I get all my rebates back in a couple of weeks, I will get $21.08 on this transaction alone!! I made $11.26! Woo-Hoo!! That's more than I make in one hour at work all in 15 minutes!! That doesn't include the other rebates I have from different trips I made earlier in the month. I'd say that was a pretty successful trip!!

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Way to go girl!!!! I don't know if you read that I have been getting into this too and it is just so much fun! I love shopping and LOVE a good deal and so this is just another fun shopping outlet for me :) Thanks for sharing....if you come a crossed anything amazing, pass it along!!! Yeah for the internet and other fantastic people who do the hard work for all of us :)