Thursday, March 13, 2008

Remembering...

This time two years ago, we were in the hospital being induced. After one long 4 hour contraction (no breaks...got to love induction medication!!), I had gotten my epidural and was trying to get some sleep, but that was hard since the nurses had to come monitor Natalie every hour (we decided against constant monitoring in case she died before she was born...there was nothing we could do for her so Dr didn't think it was wise for our sanity). I remember feeling so anxious because I didn't know what was going to happen...never having delivered a baby before, the "unpredictableness" of being induced, and the unknowns surrounding Natalie's disability. But at the same time I remember feeling semi-calm...I knew the Lord would take care of us. I remember watching the monitor and seeing her heart rate and hearing her strong heart beat and her kicks against the monitor strapped to my belly. The nurses said that she was a good, strong little girl. I remember feeling proud that she was doing so well. I shake now as I write this...the memories are hitting stronger this year than last. Can't believe it's been two years already.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

My prayers are with you guys...much love (((hugs))) I am remembering Natalie today :)

Rochelle said...

I am praying for your family today.
may the Lord keep you strong as you remember your beautiful baby girl.

Teresa said...

I am crying as I write this as it takes me right back to that time with you guys!!! I love you and will keep you in my prayers over the next few weeks!!! Never forget what an amazing impact that sweet little girl had in her short life here on earth!!!! God is Good!

Char said...

God gives us strength when we need it and I will be praying that He will give you the strength you need as you remember your precious baby! Love you guys!

Milk Mama said...

That was the Holy Spirit... the Comforter. It's amazing how He comes and comforts us when we need Him Most. I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter!!! She is in Jesus' arms as we speak!