Sunday, April 27, 2008

Interesting week

The beginning of this week was pretty normal. Work, naps...you get the picture. He was kinda of fussy, but nothing too terrible. Then on Wednesday I noticed that he was getting his 5th tooth. The one right next to his front right tooth had broken the skin...that explains the fussiness.
He took a couple steps on Friday for Papa Ramos. I don't think they are quite his "first steps" yet since they looked like they were a bit on accident, but I thought I would make sure to write about them anyways!! :) He is really staring to stand for bits of time without support, but mostly when he doesn't realize it is happening.
But today, the day I was dreading the very most finally came...he is "throw up sick" for the first time. I do ok with the actual action of puking, but I just can hardly stand the smell. So we were in the foyer at church since he got the boot from the nursery and several mommies and babies were all sitting around talking and I was sitting on the floor and Samuel standing and holding Malachi behind me. All of the sudden, I feel projectile hit me in the back...oh my, he puked! He puked at CHURCH!!! How embarrassing!! It was all down my back (luckily I was wearing a sweater!!), all over Samuel's shirt and shoes, all over another baby's blanket, on the carpet, on a pew...oh my! One of the custodians helped us clean it up, but I have never been so embarrassed in my life. We striped him down to his onesie and made a break for the car...didn't even have a blanket to cover him in...I used it to clean up puke!! He puked in the parking lot, and then twice on the way home. Since we got home, he has only puked twice, so I think we might be slowing down. I was trying to keep from giving him any food this afternoon to let his tummy calm down some, but he was watching us and crying when we ate our lunch, so I gave him a lunch of Saltines and applesauce and Pedialyte. Then he went down for a nap, so I guess we'll see how that goes. I don't know if he ate something his tummy didn't like or if he has a bug. He is a little more clingy than usual, but he happy and playful. He gets pale when he pukes and a little fussy afterwards, but after a few minutes is fine. We put down a big blanket on the floor in the living room and we are trying to keep him on that. Hopefully this will be a passing thing and we won't have to deal with it much more. I just hope we didn't pass it on to anyone else. I know this is the first of many of these episodes, but that doesn't mean I have to like it!! :)

1 comment:

Teresa said...

I hate the stomach flu!! I always feel so bad for them and it is really gross!!! :) I hope he is feeling better and that no one else in the house catches the yuckies! :)