Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Finally got around to...

...making Sister a bow holder. It's only been 16 and a half months! ha Better late than never! Sapphira's bows have been in piles here, drawers there, and in pockets of the diaper bag...can't ever find the only we need at that particular moment! grrrrr I have been seeing all over the blog world people turning larger picture frames into bow holders, and I have been half-heartedly searching for a good frame at garage sales and second hand stores all summer. All of the large interesting frames are over $5 and I just couldn't bring myself to pay that much since I am going to spend the time to paint and the money for fabric to put into the picture area. Saturday I went to a couple of sales in the late afternoon and at the last one found a large frame with a not so cute painting in it. They wanted $3, but I only had $1 left so turned to leave and he said he'd take a dollar. Yippee! So here's the before... I ended up having enough fabric on hand to cover the canvas and just the right amount of ribbon for 5 strips. We couldn't find our electric staple gun (my hands aren't strong enough to use the regular one) so I just hot glued the fabric and ribbons down and then Samuel used some little nails to put the canvas back into the frame. I am soooo pleased with the result and the fact it only cost me $1!!!! I hung it above our changing table in the nursery...now the wall is pretty and functional!

Here's and example of why we need all these clips for this little girl of mine......this morning's bed head! :)

2 comments:

Pynch Family said...

That is very cute Amy. You did and awesome and it is even better that it didn't cost you more than a dollar! :)

Jayme said...

Love it Sister! Great work!