Sunday, November 14, 2010

A robot, the truth, and kisses

Today after lunch, we decided to take a long drive so the kids could relax and hopefully fall asleep. Neither of the kids ended up falling asleep, but we drove through a lot of farm areas and saw tons of animals which both of the kids loved! At the beginning of our ride, we drove by the state penitentiary and some of the prisoners were outside walking the track and playing sports. Malachi noticed them behind the tall fences and all wearing the same clothing, and asked what they were doing. I told him that they were grown-ups who had disobeyed the laws a lot and they were in jail. "Why did they disobey the rules, Mama?" "I don't know, you'd have to ask them." He thought about it for a couple minutes and then proclaimed "I'm gonna get in a big robot, bigger than a biiiiiiiig building, and walk over the fence and tell them the truth." "What's the truth, Malachi?" "Jesus, Mama, I'm gonna tell them about Jesus and then they will say sorry and be able to come out of jail and then I'll jump down and give them all biiiiiiig kisses." What a sweet kid, with quite the imagination! I just love him! :)

4 comments:

Lelan @ Good Gravy! said...

Aww, this is such a sweet story! I love his robot idea. :)

Ausmerican Housewife - Creating with Kara Davies said...

Oh honey. I can't wait to hear my own babes say the same thing!

Anonymous said...

Hey amy, hopefully you read your comments and see this. i got a new email address so i need yours again so i can write you. send me your email address please.........thanks trista

Anonymous said...

I don't know if my profile showed my email address or not so it is 3mentzer@gmail.com