Thursday, January 5, 2012

Ornamentation

Each year, we make sure the kids have a new ornament to add to the tree.  When we have extra money, we let the kids pick out one from the store.  During lean years, I usually make them with supplies I have on hand or that I can acquire inexpensively.  This was a leeeeeeeean year!  I had filed this tutorial in the back of my brain when I read it a couple years ago, and based my design off of.  I try to incorporate the owner's interests or at the very least their favorite colors.  Here's this years!
Samuel's...
mine...

Natalie's (lavender and light green always mean Natalie to me, so I always use this combination)...
Bubs (he switches between red and green as his favorite on a weekly basis! :D)...
Sister (she is in love with the color pink at the moment)...
and our two sweethearts who met Jesus this year.

Once I hung them up, the kids had so much fun trying to find each family member's ornament by the letter stitched into it and chattering all about the colors.  Both kids told me that they loved their ornaments (totally unsolicited!) which made my heart happy.  I also stitched '11 on the back of each ornament so we could remember which year these were for!  Nothing like spending absolutely no money and a lazy Sunday afternoon to make every one happy!

No comments: