Monday, May 14, 2012

Cubbies & Puggles Finale

On May 2nd, the last night of Cubbies and Puggles was celebrated with an awards ceremony.  The theme of the night was "The Olympics", so while the Olympic theme song "Summon of Heroes" played, each team walked into the sanctuary behind their leader holding a sign in the team's color.  They assembled on stage and sang a couple songs and recited some verses before sitting down in their assigned pews.  Each team was called back up on stage to receive the remainder of their patches and to be given a "gold" medal for their efforts.  The smiles on these kid's faces when they got that paper medal and little baggie of badges was priceless.  I had a hard time getting my team to go back to our pew after they recieved their awards because they all huddled together in a little group, excitedly showing each other what they got.  I had to physically put my arms around the group and usher them back to our seats.  So sweet...they were so excited for each other! :)  Our family made up quite the fan club...Daddy, Gaga, Boppa, Grandma, Papa, Addy, Bella, GG and Grandpa GG all were able to come to see Malachi and Sapphira finish off their year.
 Malachi walking up on stage.  He felt so important...Teacher E let him carry the green team sign!
 He spotted his family!
 Checking out his baggie of awards.
 Getting his medal!

After the Cubbies were all given their awards, Sapphira's class, the Puggles, gathered up on the stage.  Teacher J introduced each one and then they lined up so they could do the motions to a rhyming poem that they had been working on.  After they did that, they were each given a colorful certificate and a Puggle finger puppet.
 Getting ready to do the motions.
 During the poem, she noticed all her family!  She got so excited and started waving!
 I think she forgot about the motions for a minute! :)
"God loves me when I'm jumping!!!"  She didn't do very many of the motions, but when it came to the jumping and hopping parts, she did it with much enthusiasm!!!
Checking out her awards.
Teacher J said it was time to go back to their seats, but Sapphira thought it would be a good time to jump some more!  I know this picture is blurry, but I just love it!  I laugh out loud every time I see it!

I can't believe another year has come and gone!  Next time we go to AWANA's, Malachi will be in Sparks (and attending Kindergarten!), and Sapphira will be a Cubbie!  I'm just so thankful there are programs available to us to help us instill God's word in our children and for so many volunteers willing to love on my children.

2 comments:

Melissa @ Honeybee Vintage said...

Yay! They are both too cute;) Shayne has her Puggles graduation this Wednesday night! I wish we lived closer and they could go together;)

Ausmerican Housewife - Creating with Kara Davies said...

I was a cubbie!