Tuesday, July 31, 2012

A Tooth Fairy Visit and a Gift for You!

While we don't do anything with Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny, Malachi saw an episode of a favorite show where the Tooth Fairy brought the main character a tooth brush when he lost his tooth.  Before I could say anything to him about it, Malachi was hooked and has talked about getting a visit from the tooth fairy ever since.  I don't really enjoy the fact that I'm lying to him about her existence, but it has really created some fun memories these last couple days.  I hope he won't hate me too much when he finds out the truth...

Malachi has had a loose bottom tooth for about a week now.  When we first discovered it was loose, we told him he had two choices...to wiggle it as much as possible and make it fall out quickly or to leave it alone and it would come out more slowly.  Being the cautious boy he is, he chose the later since he was afraid the faster method would hurt.  As the days passed, it got looser and looser, the tooth changed color a bit, and just plain looked gross! oy  Samuel sent me a picture text last night when he picked them up from my in-laws and it was sitting at an angle in the gums.  Once he got home, it had shifted and was sticking up higher than the rest of the teeth.  We had him eat some fruit snacks and brush his teeth an extra long time but nothing took it out.  I even had him try to pull a bit on it but still nothing.  We finally sent him to bed and I prayed to myself that he wouldn't swallow it in his sleep!  About 10 minutes later, he gets back up and the tooth is laying back under his tongue off to it side...ewwww.  He didn't let Samuel get near it, but I asked him to open his mouth wide to I could "see it" and then pointed to the tooth and said "is this it?" and yanked it before he could realize what I was doing (I barely had to pull it at all).  I cheered really loud so he wouldn't focus on the pain and he got super excited, too.
We immediately set to work writing the Tooth Fairy a letter since he didn't want her to take it with her since he wanted to save it.  He decided to write "Please leave my tooth.  Love Malachi".
Showing Sister his tooth...he was so proud!
Great concentration was involved.
Under the pillow it went!  We tied to note to the outside with the pouch's ties so the Tooth Fairy could get to it easier. ;)
My toothless wonder!  How on earth did he get big enough to start losing teeth?!? 
Yo... 
I searched for tooth fairy pouches on pinterest and let him choose the one he wanted me to make.  He picked out this one and thankfully I had all the supplies on had and was able to whip it out in about 20 minutes.  He loves it!

After we were certain he'd fallen asleep, I went it to give him his reward.  I was rooting all around under his pillow and couldn't find it and then finally realized he was holding it...so sweet!  Thankfully he is a very heavy sleeper so I took it from him, slipped his treat inside and put it back under his pillow.  This morning he comes running into my room very irritated, "The Tooth Fairy didn't come!!!"  "Why do you think that, Bubs?"  "She didn't leave me a toothbrush!"  Oy...didn't realized that was the requirement!  "Did you look inside your pouch?"  "No..."  I helped him untie the knot...
What could be inside?
Why, it's a whole dollar and a tooth receipt from the tooth fairy herself!  I found a cute tooth receipt rubber stamp online (can't find it now!) and made this digital receipt with Elements to have for our family.  He thought it was great!
He exclaimed "A whole money!!!" when he found the bill!  Then he asked me if it was enough to buy a Thor figure from Target...sorry Bubs.
His teeny tiny tooth!

Now to your present!  Would you like a copy of the Tooth Receipt for your family??
Feel free to click on it and save it for your personal use with ONE catch...would you please leave a little comment congratulating Malachi and saying where you are from? :)  With the Olympics going on, he's really getting interested in where things are on a map and I think it would be fun for him to keep track.  I made it originally as a 3x4 image, but I'm sure you can print it as large or small as you'd like.  Hope you enjoy many fun fairy visits!

I'm linking up to:
Mommy By Day Crafter by Night
Tatertots and Jello
I {Heart} Naptime
Skip to my Lou
Thirty Handmade Days

17 comments:

Jennifer said...

Congrats Malachi from Germany

Brenda said...

Wow! Losing a tooth is SO exciting! My little girl just lost her very first tooth too! How fun! Hope the tooth fairy can find her way from your house to mine in Blaine, Washington!

Aaron & Sarah Berken said...

Thanks for the cute receipt idea!! Tooth Fairy from Appleton, WI

Aaron & Sarah Berken said...

Thanks for the cute receipt idea!! Tooth Fairy from Appleton, WI

Unknown said...

Congrats from Texas!

Bolton5 said...

I bet you've lost even more teeth by now Malachi! My daughter, Apple Elizabeth, just lost her first tooth today. We live in Missoula, MT.

Unknown said...

congrats malachi and thanks to your mom a little girl in north east England just received a 'tooth fairy receipt'

Lindy said...

Thanks for the cute receipt. My daughter just lost her tooth as well. Congratulations Malachi from Spring Grove, Pennsylvania.

Melissa at Perry Jayne said...

Congrats, Malachi from Warner Robins, GA. :)

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for the idea! Tooth Fairy from Boston, MA

Team Toland said...

Congrats! From Reno, NV!

Nancy said...

Thank you!!

Unknown said...

Thank you Malachi from Charlotte, NC :-D

Tina said...

Thank you from Ohio! :)

Edwards Family said...

Thank you! Kennewick, WA

Mama Needs A New... said...

Thank you so much!! Toronto, Canada

Beth said...

Thank you for the note idea. My son will love this too. AZ