Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Kindergarten Boy!

Malachi woke up bright and early for his first day of school and was dressed and had eaten breakfast in record time!  He'd gotten ready so quickly, we still had an hour before it was time to leave!  He was so excited when it was finally time to get in the car and go, but not without stopping for a mama-ratzi first! hehe

How did he get so big?  A missing tooth and a Kindergartner??  Say it ain't so!
So very excited!
When we got in line to go to class, I could tell that he was getting a little bit nervous, but he still said he was ready to go!  I can see just a bit of anxiety mixed into his excitement in this picture.  Such a trooper!
Our beloved Mrs. S.  I knew she'd be a good teacher for Malachi the first time I met her, and she has yet to disappoint!  Malachi thinks very highly of all his teachers and I really think they are all making a good impression on him and helping him be so excited to learn.
After we'd turned in all his school supplies and hung up his backpack, he dove right in and found some books to look at.  We asked him if he was ok and if we could leave him with his teachers and he "yup" and gave us hugs and kisses and never looked back.  I was quite proud that I didn't cry! :)  When I came to pick him up once class was over, he was so happy and had all kinds of things to tell me and asked when it was time to go back.  Love him and his excitement to learn.  Here's to a great school year!

No comments: