Friday, February 16, 2007

11 months...

Today has been 11 months since Natalie met Jesus. It' s hard to believe that it has been that long ago. There are some days it feels like just yesterday I was snuggling her warm tiny body next to mine. Other days it feels like a dream...a wonderful dream in which I had a beautiful daughter and for that little bit of time everything was perfect. Still there are other days when the fact that she is gone hits me in the gut like a bag of bricks--we lost our 2 day old daughter...she's dead...and I can't get her back this side of heaven...and all I have left are the memories, pictures and her ashes in a pretty jar. Oooo...those days sting a bit. Still I know that I can cling to the Lord's promise that I will see her again. There are some days when my hands are bloody from holding on so tight...one of those days is today.

Dear Jesus, thank you for taking care of Natalie for us. Please snuggle her so close and smother her with kisses until we can do it again ourselves. Oh, and she loves to hold her Daddy's finger...could you do that for him until he gets there.

We love you Natalie. See you again soon. XOXOXO Mommy and Daddy

No comments: