Thursday, May 17, 2007

One Week Old!

Today, Malachi had his one week appointment and circumcision. I was nervous--don't ask me why--probably just because you never want your child to hurt and we were purposely taking him in to get whacked on. Anyways, everything went fine, but I have never heard him cry like that. When they brought him back to us, he was whimpering and as soon as he heard my voice he started screaming. He nursed for about 15 minutes and then we had to dress him--which he hated--and he screamed again. I don't think that he is in pain, just sick of being messed with. He zonked out in his car seat and now he is happily swinging away in his trusty swing--one of the best baby inventions by the way!! I haven't had the courage to look at his battle wound yet, but I'm sure that I will be forced to within the hour!! He is 2 ozs under his birth weight, which the doctor was pleased with and the his jaundice seems to be fine. His eyes have been looking a bit yellow, so we weren't sure what he would say, but he is eating and filling his diapers well, so the doctor said he was just fine. I will be curious to see what he does during the night...oh well, worst case scenario is he'll want to nurse a whole bunch and I will just have to lie in bed and snuggle with him--that will be rough!! :)
Here's a pic of my men--love them to death!!

No comments: