Monday, October 22, 2007

The family who is sick together, stays together.

Literally...at least for us. All three of us have this awful cold that is going around. Malachi has had it since the end of last week, but first took on the appearance of allergies...just stuffy. But now we are all full-fledged sicklings. I think that Malachi is on the downward slide, but last night both Samuel and I started feeling just plain awful. I didn't get to sleep until 5 this morning...just couldn't breathe or get comfortable...and then got up at 9 when Malachi woke up. That is one bad thing about nursing...can't take very many meds. At least Samuel got half way decent sleep since he took some nighttime cold pills. I called in sick to work today and stayed home with Malachi (which I have never done during my whole year at my current job...even while pregnant. I pointed that out to Samuel today and he said, "but you called in pregnant once" referring to being put on bed rest the weekend before Malachi was born...haha very funny!). I was so thankful that Malachi was as interested in taking naps as I was and I was able to catch up on some of the sleep I lost last night. Poor Samuel didn't think about what he was doing this morning and took another nighttime time cold pill before he left for work. He said he caught himself drifting off a couple times in his training class this morning!! Poor thing...won't do that again!! haha So here we are...it's 7:30 pm. Malachi is asleep in his swing, nursing in his sleep (so cute when he does that!!). Samuel is out cold in the recliner. I think that I may conk out in a bit, too. We are such interesting and fun people considering this sometimes happens when we aren't sick!! haha Anyways, I hope none of you get this...it's no fun. It has been going around my work, so hopefully I will be one of the last ones to get it and it will cease to exist in the near future. Nighty-night!!

No comments: