Wednesday, June 4, 2008

New moves

Yesterday, after I picked up Malachi from my mom's house, we got home and he was playing while I made my lunch. I was watching him walk, then fall down and then stand back up again...wait a minute...stand back up again?!? He didn't even crawl over to something to pull up like he normally did. I wanted to make sure that I really saw what I thought I had seen, so Samuel laid him back down on his back and sure enough, he rolled over to his tummy, assumed the "downward dog" position, and just stood up. I called my mom to see if he had done it at her house and she said that he hadn't. He doesn't do it every time, but he's actually doing it. One more step toward giving up crawling!! It is just so incredible how many new things kids learn at this age. Every time you turn around, they are doing something new and exciting. What a big boy!!!

No comments: