Sunday, December 5, 2010

I love being a momma!

One of my favorite things about being a momma is all the little quirky things my kiddos do. Their funny saying and mannerisms make me laugh and uplift me on days I feel down. Take this conversation for example...
Malachi: Momma, the stars are the kids and the moon is the mom.
Me: Really, Malachi?
Malachi: Yes, mom, they are all the gruls (girls) over here (pointing) and boys over there. There is a boy named Teddy Bear and he has a mustache, and there is a grul and she has a mustache, too and the baby has a mustache, too.
Me:... Oh wow, Malachi! That is interesting!
Malachi: Yah, momma...that's in-tes-ting.

Malachi also thinks that the Toy Story 3 song words are "you got a friend, tummy!" instead of "you have a friend in me!"

The other day, Sapphira was in the middle of a full body temper tantrum when she heard an airplane outside. She stopped, mid-fit, said "a-pa-lain" (airplane), and continued where she left off.

Whenever we watch the kids show Mighty Machines, Sapphira dances, complete with headbanging and waving arms, to the theme song. This always makes everyone in the room giggle.

I also love finding little physical reminders of their quirks. Toys left strewn in the tub and toys or blankets hooked precariously on the closet door pulls make me laugh out loud every time. Recently, Malachi left these for me...
Buzz Lightyear must have been in the middle of a jig when Malachi left him here.
After the kids went to bed, I sat down to sew and found his race car like this. Must have been keeping watch over things for him.

I love my kids. ♥ ♥ ♥

No comments: