Saturday, October 29, 2011

A to Z of me!!!

Things have been pretty slow-moving at our house this week.  Samuel's in school, I'm working waaaaaay more hours (I'll post more about that later), and I'm trying to get sewing projects done for a holiday bazaar next weekend.  Needless to say that since my house is completely trashed, laundry is getting washed but not folded and my sink is overflowing, I haven't had time to edit the pics of our trip to the pumpkin patch.  I copied this post from my friend Melissa at HoneyScrap. This is kind of fun! :)

A. Age: 29
B. Bed size: Queen, but I'm sure when I elbow Samuel in the face or punch him in real life because of a bad dream I'm having, he'd prefer a king! :)
C. Chore you hate: Laundry and cleaning bathrooms
D. Dogs: Just one right now...the kids love our Sadie dog.
E. Essential start to your day: I have to have breakfast or I feel like I'm gonna ralph...cereal or at least a cookie! :)
F: Favorite color: Right now teal, lime green and lavender
G. Gold or silver. Silver/white gold not a yellow gold fan.at.all.
H. Height: 5'7"
I. Instruments you play: None.  We had a keyboard when I was in grade school, and a little book to teach you to play it, but once it got to having to play with two hands at once, I convinced myself it was too hard and stopped. I regret not being able to pay just a bit.
J. Job title: Momma and wifey first, and warranty claims clerk a distant second.
K. Kids: Natalie: born March 14, 2006 and met Jesus March 16, 2006. Malachi aka Bubba, Bubs, Bubbo: 4-1/2 years old. Sapphira aka RaRa, Sister, Sis, Sissy: 2-1/2 years old.  Asher whom I miscarried in February 2011 and then Azra (I just found that name...it'a Arabic for purity, untouched) whom I miscarried in August 2011.
L. Live: In the Pacific Northwest. I live in the same town I was born in and my parents still live in the house I grew up in.  The only reason I ever moved was because I got married! :)
M. Mother's name: Susan, but goes by Sue...also my middle name.
N. Nicknames: My mom called me Aim when I was growing up sometimes, but I don't have any right now.
O. Overnight hospital stays: I had my appendix out in 2001 and stayed two nights and then stayed three nights with each of the kiddos (one before they were born but after I was induced, and two after they were born).  Those beds are awful, but I love the warm blankets :)
P. People playing dumb or not paying attention.  Don't get me started...  People chewing with their mouth open or making noise with their mouths while they eat...I will ralph on you!
Q. Quote from a movie: "You can do it!" from the Waterboy.  I know it's used in a kind of vulgar way in the movie, but I use it nicely when I say it! :)
R. Right or left handed: Samuel, Malachi and I are all righties all the way, but I think Sapphira might be left handed or very ambidextrous...my FIL and niece are lefties so that wouldn't be weird.
S. Siblings: Just one younger brother.  I always thought it would be fun to have a sister to do girl stuff with...maybe I'll inherit one someday from my brother. :)
T. Time you wake up: Well...right now Malachi gets up around 7:30 and Sapphira around 9, so I usually let Malachi get in bed with me to watch cartoons until Sister wakes up so we aren't noisy in the living room right next to her room.  I usually drift in and out of sleep while we are snuggling...I'm soooo tired all the time right now...there is seriously something wrong with me!
U. Underwear: Ummmmm...yes please!?
V. Vegetable you hate: Beets!!!!  This would produce another ralphing situation.  I also do not like fresh green beans...I grew up on the canned variety and the real things taste too much like dirt for me.
W. What makes you run late: kiddos for sure.  I still haven't learned after 4.5 years exactly how much time we need to all get ready to go someplace.  We are usually to church by the time the sermon starts! :)
X. X-rays you have had: Dental x-rays and then one on my foot after I kicked a pile of steel plates with the top of my foot and it swelled obnoxiously and hurt like the dickens.
Y. Yummy food that you make: I used to make good cookies and blueberry coffeecake, but I haven't done either in a long time.  Samuel is the cook around these parts...I like using more convenience type foods and Samuel is used to fresh ingredients and from-scratch recipes, so shortly after we were married he took over dinner duties...gotta love it!
Z. Zoo animals: I really like the lions and tigers, but they are never out when we go to our zoo.  I don't think either of our kids have seen them in the 3 or 4 times we've been!  When we were there over the summer, there were some little guys in the African exhibit...I think they were mongoose (would plural be mongeese, mongi, mongooeses??) running around in an indoor exhibit.  They were super cute scampering around.  When were were on our honeymoon in Paris, we went to a zoo and they had the cutest little meerkats...they would stand up on their hind legs and just watch us and then run around, doing little tricks and barrel rolls like they were showing off for us.  I guess I like the little guys. :)

Well, there you go...26 useless bits of information about me that I know you are so glad you read!  I needed a light post right now...my brain is totally fried! :)  Have a fabulous weekend! xoxoxo

No comments: