Friday, March 30, 2012

Hunger Games!!!

Once my two best friends saw the first previews for The Hunger Games, we started making plans to see the movie in the theater.  Since I had a few months before the movie came out and I had no idea what all the fuss was about, I decided I would read the book so I would understand the film better.  Well, the book is every bit as good as everyone says, so not only did I read the first book in the series, but also the second and third in the month before we went. (I've been in a reading slump for a while, so choosing to read this much and actually enjoying it surprised me.)  I was officially on the Hunger Games bandwagon!  I stayed up waaaay to late waaaay too many nights and had bad dreams about being a character in the book, but it was very worth it.  The three of us planned and looked forward to our 6:30 showing on March 29th with great anticipation.  We turned it into a couples night out since their husbands had also read and enjoyed the books.  It was so fun to have a kid-free night with other adults we enjoy spending time with and having grown up conversation!   The movie did not disappoint!  It covered the book much better than I thought it would and the actors did a great job capturing the book characters the way I imagined them.  The politics of the book wasn't touched on as well as I had hoped and we had to explain a couple scenes to Samuel after the show since they didn't make sense to him because of this.  We ended the evening with a stop for ice cream and spent some more time talking with our friends.  We both really had fun.  But you want to know the best part of this whole thing??  The next morning!  Since the kids spent the night at my in-laws house, we got to sleep in!  Simple pleasures, right?!  Yay for wonderful friends, good books and captivating movies!

No comments: