Monday, April 9, 2012

Happy Easter...Part 1

Easter was a very special time this year.  Malachi really understood this year what these important days were about and was able to appreciate the Lord's sacrifice.  The day before Easter, we were driving home and he noticed a person walking wearing bunny ears.  "Mom, why are all these bunnies all around?"  "Well, some people celebrate Easter because it is around the beginning of springtime and bunnies make them think of springtime."  With a very annoyed tone in his voice he said, "Easter is when Jesus rose!"  Goodness I love him!
Saturday evening we spent time with my mom's side of the family.  We always eat pizza together on Saturday because we are too busy to be together on Easter Sunday.  I think it's a fun tradition.

Sunday morning, we went to church, and then since Samuel had to work for a couple hours that afternoon, headed out to my in-law's house for supper.  It ended up being a nice relaxing day.  The kids and I ate lunch and had some quiet time at home while we waited for Samuel and then the kids played and played outside at my in-laws house.  While they played, I got out my machine and sewed out on the front porch.  I was able to finish the valance for Sapphira's room (it's been on my to do list for a year...sooo glad to have it done!) and get fresh air at the same time!  Have you ever sewed outside??  It was surprisingly relaxing and nice...I'll be sure to do that again! :)

Another fun tradition I like to do with my kids is making at least a portion of their Easter outfits.  Growing up, we always dressed nice to attend church, but we always made sure to dress a bit fancier for Easter Sunday.  I sometimes got a new dress so go with the little white gloves and purse my mom only let me wear for this special day.  It makes me happy to be able to do this with my kiddos, too.  This year, I decided to make the kids pretty matchy and Malachi surprised me by getting really excited about it!   I bought Sapphira's cardigan first and then the seersucker to go with it. When I got home, I "just so happened" (totally a God thing!!!) to have a small scrap of fabric at home for Malachi's tie (tutorial here) that looked as if it was made from the same dye lot as Sis' sweater...an exact match!  I used this tutorial for Sapphira's skirt and this one for Malachi's pants.  I just love it when things come together! :)
 Sunday morning before church.  Aren't they the cutest!?
Now for the out-takes.  They weren't looking at the camera or smiling, so I asked them if there was a dinosaur in my camera.  Of course they started roaring and stomping around the stoop...nothing like a couple of Easter dinos! 
 I tried for some more nice pictures once we go to my in-laws...not such luck.  Here, Malachi is dancing and Sapphira is yelling/screaming at the top of her lungs.  oy.
 Jumping and more dancing...
 I have no idea!
I'm done now momma, bye! :)

More later on the rest of our good day.

No comments: