Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep

This morning on the Today Show, they ran a segment about Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep, an organization that photographs families who are dealing with the death of their newborn child. I sat and cried and cried like I hadn't for a long time watching this family that the Today show was following before and right after their daughter's birth. The photographer who was taking the baby's pictures had also lost a newborn son, which is the reason she started Now I Lay me Down to Sleep. The part that really got me is when I photographer told the baby girl to say hello to her son for her and to tell him his Mommy loved him. I don't know how often I wonder if Natalie knew that we loved her. I know that she did, but is hard not to worry about that. I guess I didn't really realize how fresh that wound is sometimes. I wish I had known about this organization when Natalie was born, as I am so thankful for the pictures we do have. It would have been nice to have more "nice" pictures since so many of the ones we have are more candid. We have been looking for someone/thing to donate money to on Natalie's birthday in her memory...maybe this will be it.

No comments: